My best friend came from London to visit this week and we had lots of fun and ate lots of great food!
The night she arrived I picked her up from the airport and came straight back to my flat to get ready and go out with some of my friends from Barcelona.
The next day after a very long lie in we headed to Arenas, the shopping centre near my flat, and then for some dinner at my favourite Japanese restaurant here Watatsumi.
On Saturday, I took Becky to see the Sagrada Familia as she had never been inside, and I got to add some more photos to my collection!
Later on we went to the MNAC art museum which is a collection of Catalan artists and I have to be honest,it really didn’t inspire me very much. When I go to an art museum I like to be made to feel something but I left feeling a bit bored!
In the evening we went out for drinks and dinner with my friend Holly from Uni in the Barri Gotic.
On sunday, despite the bad weather in the morning, as it brightened up we decided to go to Parc Guell. It turned out to be a lovely day and we had a nice mooch around the park. Every time I go there I find a new part, I love it!
Monday was a shopping day of course! We stopped in a Vegan restaurant that I had looked up called Juicy Jones as it does the best juices. Everything on the menu was vegan which was great for Becky, we chose some tandoori style croquettes and an Indian thali along with some of their ‘tapas’- guacamole and a baked tofu dish with satay sauce. We had to try a juice so we chose the most crazy looking one with avocado and pistachio which actually so was lovely and creamy!
Later we went to one of my favourite places, Moritz, and I knew Becky would like it! It’s the old beer factory and it’s really cool inside, exposed bricks and metal interior and posh tapas and jugs of beer, what more could you want!
On Becky’s last day we chilled out and had a lazy day and played Mario Kart. Then we went to get some churros and then back to the airport! It went so quickly but I had such a great time and was so great to see her again! Can’t wait to go and visit her in London soon..
I did lots of shopping so here it is!
1. Neon summery nail varnish 2. Sephora metallic mermaid blue/green 3. Sephora nail varnish swatched (after 2 days of wear)
1. Travel bag to use when I visit friends next month! 2. Nars chubby eyeshadow stick in Hollywoodland (to be used as an eyeshadow and highlighter) 3. Swatches after an hour- both worth spending a little bit more for the quality I think, the lip liner didn’t wash off until the next day! 4. TooFaced Perfect Lips ‘perfect red’ Lip liner (such cute packaging!)
1. Sephora Professional brushes- fluffy blending brush and lip brush 2. ‘Bronze’ Mac eyeshadow (bottom right) 3. Swatch- love how foily it is!
1. Real leather Suede jacket from Mango (seen in the Sagrada Familia photos) 2. Mango tiger top, cotton at the back and printed satin/chiffon at the front 3. Zara coral skinny jeans- thin material perfect for summer and a slightly shorter length (perfect for me)
1. Stradavarius sunglasses, I like to have a high street pair that I can wear to the beach or in situations when they could get broken more easily! Thought these were cute and have an orangey yellow reflective surface which is groovy 2. Stradavarius Aztec body con skirt, bit longer length than the normal body con so would be great for days in the summer and for nights out. Love the bright colours!
I also got a Stradavarius bateau top with a v-neck, love these for layering and a Mango vest in a pale aqua/mint blue, I love the colour and its quite a thick material so it floats really nicely and looks quite smart with jeans
I’m off skiing tonight so hopefully I will actually ski this time!
Thought for the day: