A change of season doesn’t have to mean a change of wardrobe. Adding different accessories, black tights and a coat to a summer dress works just as well in the autumn. Skinny jeans, boots, tshirts and jumpers are my autumn/winter uniform.
Here is my wishlist for the new season to update my current wardrobe, channeling the punky preppy trend which I love throughout autumn winter, going with themes of khaki, deep red, leather and wool. Skater skirts, knits and cute hats but toughened up with tartan and leather.
1) A side bag. I was so lucky to get this Coach ‘Legacy Flight Bag’ as a birthday gift and it’s the most perfect Autumn bag! The colour is gorgeous and I love the gold chain and tassel.
2) Snoods. Although a cashmere Mulberry number would be top of my list, these £7.99 H&M snoods are much more of a student budget option. Great colours and essential for the British weather.
3) Leather skirt. Although I wore my black leather pencil skirt last year lots to go out in the evening, this autumn/winter I want to try and wear it more casually. They look great with chunky jumpers and flats. I’ve also got my eye on the khaki skater skirt version from ASOS, leather is lovely in all colours. This black a-line skirt is from Topshop, they do great ones.
4) A good coat. I adore camel style coats like this one from M&S, it’s so classy and will look great with literally EVERYTHING. I also love Zara’s new puffer jackets. Not a style I would have looked at before but these are really stylish and nicely fitted and would be perfect for cold rainy days. It’s ok to splurge on a coat if nothing else!
5) Loafers and brogues. The preppy trend always comes back for autumn and these two styles of shoe are perfect! Asos and Topshop do great brogues for about £45-£65 and these wine coloured Russell & Bromley loafers are the absolute dream, but I will be looking for some cheaper alternatives in Primark.
6) A felt hat. Very Millie Mackintosh inspired, I think I might be brave and try a hat! These are gorgeous fedora styles from Topshop for £25.